Financial Planning Manager (Financial Reporting) at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial Planning Manager (Financial Reporting)
- To ensure prompt and accurate financial reporting of MTNN operating activities (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement).
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Finance Processes that are align to achieving all elements on the business scorecard. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements for internal reporting and statutory purposes, reviewing monthly financial statement (MIS) as part of financial management.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service
- Co-ordinate and manage financial audits process, ensuring compliance with guidelines and standards.
- Identify requirements for ERP system and oversee the development of financial reports on the system.
- Monitor compliance and ensure financial accounts are align with accounting standards (IAS, SAS, and SA) and generally acceptable accounting practice.
- Chart company accounts and integrate with Group chart of accounts, overseeing general ledger set up (Period Closing and Year Closing).
- set up accounting rules and perform compliance check in conjunction with the systems team
- Monitor and evaluate potential impact of new initiatives, joint ventures, consolidation on company’s financial statements
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Immense pressure at month end
- First Degree in Accounting or any other related discipline
- Fluent in English
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA).
Minimum 6 years' experience, which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Finance and accounting experience
- Experience in working with enterprise financial systems
- Middle Management Development Programme
- Training programmes which facilitate knowledge update on accounting and financial standards and best practices
BA, BEd, BSc or HND.
Application Closing Date1st August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018
- Customer Service Officer at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Sales Manager at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Project Management Executive at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Sales Executive at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- General Manager, IS Governance & Compliance at MTN Nigeria
- Financial Planning Accountant at MTN Nigeria
- Planner - Material Resource at MTN Nigeria
- Financial Planning Manager (Financial Reporting) at MTN Nigeria
- Communications Manager, Sub Saharan Africa at MasterCard Nigeria