CFO - UBA Pension at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: CFO - UBA Pension
Reference No: CFO_UBAP_01
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Accounting,Analytics,Auditing,Banking,Finance
Industries: Accounting, Banking / Finance & Investment, Financial Services
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate. Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
- Accomplishes finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans in conjunction with Head Resources.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- First degree in Accounting, Economics Additional professional qualification – ACA, ACCA
- 7-10 years work experience in financial control in the banking industry or financial industry.
- Good written Communication
- Good Oral Communication Skills
- Attention to Details.
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Good analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
30th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Client Experience Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Branch Admin Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Quotation & Listing Specialist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Transaction Manager at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Head, Trading Business at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
- Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Coverage Head, Private Banking (Abuja) at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Relationship Manager, Private Banking at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Branch Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Commercial Bank - Workforce Group