United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Business Development Japanese Desk Officer Recruitment
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Japanese Desk
Reference No: UBA_DB_JD
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Analytics,Banking,Marketing
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- To develop business strategies to increase the bank’s customer base in the sector towards being a market leading financial institution, on-boarding/converting prospective customers in identified sector(Japan Businesses) and managing existing customer account portfolio.
- Role and Responsibilities
- Identify and profile key prospect among Japanese businesses.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with clients and key personnel of these companies.
- Prepare marketing plans and strategies to achieve the objective to grow the Japanese business.
- Develop and retain relationships with Japanese Organisations by active management of portfolios and ensures solutions meet their needs.
- Work to identify partnership opportunities and manage all stakeholders within the sector.
- Proffer innovative solutions and work closely to deliver successful projects for the Japanese clients/business in Nigeria and across Rest of Africa
- Coordinate the execution of business initiatives by identifying business opportunities and developing financing solutions to meet the needs of Japanese customers/clients
- Analyze Japanese business opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research.
- Responsible for review of customers’ financials and making recommendations for credit to be granted under various facilities for customers’ satisfaction.
- Undertake activities/engagements that will position the bank as the industry reference/Go-To bank for the clientele sector - Japanese businesses
- Any other duties assigned to serve the Japanese businesses.
- University Degrees in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Banking and/or related professional qualifications.
- Additional Professional Qualification - ICAN, CFA, Masters would be an advantage
- 5 years and above banking experience, preferably in finance; relationship banking; Marketing,
- Language Proficiency with preference for understanding of Japanese Language & Culture
- Design and implementation of business development strategy
- Customer Relationship management
- Interpersonal skill
- Networking and Effective communication skills
- Data gathering & analysis
- Proven ability to Negotiate
30th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Client Experience Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Branch Admin Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Quotation & Listing Specialist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Transaction Manager at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Head, Trading Business at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
- Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Coverage Head, Private Banking (Abuja) at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Relationship Manager, Private Banking at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Branch Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Commercial Bank - Workforce Group